THE PURPOSE OF THIS STATEMENT
Plymouth Fencing Club is not required by Law to have a Data Protection Officer (DPO) however we have a Data Protection working group to ensure the guidelines of the GDPR are upheld. Contact details are set out in the ‘Contact us’ section at the end of this privacy notice.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you become a member of Plymouth Fencing Club, join a beginners group or enrol in one of our camps or courses we collect the following information on a paper (hard copy) membership form:
- Your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, date of birth.
- In Case of Emergency (ICE) number.
- Your British Fencing membership number.
- Any allergies or medical conditions together with any other information you voluntarily provide.
- Athlete’s country of representation.
If you are aged under 18 we will ask your parent, carer or guardian for this information.
In completing a membership form you are consenting to us using the information provided for the following….
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your personal information that you provide to us for a number of purposes, including:
- To respond to your requests and enquiries.
- To contact you to ensure your membership runs smoothly and you receive a good level of service.
- To help you if you have a question or are not happy with something we have done.
- To contact a nominated person if an emergency occurs.
- To ensure you have the appropriate insurance cover as provided by British Fencing membership.
- To best meet your medical requirements to keep you safe and give you the best fencing experience.
- To ensure club activities are fair to everyone.
- The club register is taken for safety purposes on club nights and to ensure appropriate payment of membership fees.
- Did you know Plymouth Fencing Club coaches are able to access British Fencing Sport80 to ensure British Fencing memberships are up to date?
ARE YOUR DETAILS SAFE?
- Plymouth Fencing Club collects minimal data and does not share any information with third parties.
- We have taken every measure to ensure your information is safe and does not get used in a way it should not.
- Membership forms are kept in a in a locked cabinet which coaches have access to, it is viewed only by those who really need to see it!
- All membership forms, beginners’ forms and camp enrolment forms are shredded 12 months after a membership has ended.
- Club registers are shredded 12 months from register date.
- Club computers are password protected and no information is stored on third party servers for example Dropbox, Cloud.
- The Internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us via email over the Internet.
- There is a process in place if any details are lost or mislaid (if this involves yourself you will be informed!).
- Plymouth Fencing Club will review their GDPR on an annual basis.
- Members will be notified if there are any changes in the way their information is used.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Please feel free to ask us about the information we have about you or to change and update you details as necessary.
You are able to ask us:
How your details are being used.
To provide a copy of all details we hold about you (or just to have a look at it).
To delete all your information (unless we have good reason not to!).
To stop using your details in a certain way.
To stop using automated technologies such as Mailchimp for email.
*Please don’t forget to also check out our photography and videoing policy*
If you have any questions please get in touch
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
GDPR Working Party